In my continuous quest for coffeehouses that I can work at, I offer you the following review of Time Cafe in Astoria. I went there on Monday morning (4/21) and was actually able to get some work done! They have a really nice space there, and offer some very delicious food. The wi-fi access is free and works well.
The only strike against it is that it is more of a cafe than a coffeehouse. They did refill my coffee for free, which is nice, but they don't have breakfast kind of food at all. They have the same menu all day long, so it doesn't work as a place to get breakfast.
I had a turkey wrap which was $10 but it was so wonderful that I'd buy it again, and it was really enough food for two people: turkey, bacon, swiss cheese and avocado, wrapped up and then grilled. Nice crunchy fries and a small salad came with it. All very tasty.
The other people there (owner, barista, a few clients) were all non-native English speakers, but I couldn't tell for sure where they were from. Sounded Polish, or maybe Czech...
My view from the bar
Anyway, this may turn out to be the place I head if I've had some cereal at home and then want to head out for coffee and lunch later.
No comments:
Post a Comment