Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chuck's visit

My longtime friend and ex-roommate Chuck was in NJ on business last Tuesday (4/22/08) so he took a train into Manhattan and we met. We first started rooming together when I was an undergrad and he was getting a Masters in Latin American studies. It was nice to reconnect and I thought I'd post a few photos that he took with his Blackberry.

Brie had a study group to lead, so Chuck and I took off in search of Hill Country BBQ, an Austin-style joint in midtown Manhattan. We walked down to 26th St. and Broadway and didn't see it, but now that I look at the Google map I think we just didn't turn the right way on 26th street!!! I did look down the street in the direction that the restaurant apparently is, but didn't see it. Oh well! We ended up taking a train to just north of Times Square where we ate at Stage Deli.

I need to try Hill Country BBQ again some other time to make sure I can't find it. Even if it's pricey, it would be a little slice of home that Brie and I would enjoy.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, what great pictures of you two. Hopefully we will get to meet her one day. I really loved that one you had on your laptop of Brie with the roses.