Thursday, May 1, 2008

Think Coffee

FINALLY, found a cool coffee house, one that makes me feel at home and in which I can work for hours and hours. The only drawback is that it's a long way from where I live, but I'm not surprised that I would have to look near a university to find what I was looking for.

The place is called Think Coffee and it’s real close to NYU. This place has it all. Nice and big and spread out, cool décor, awesome fair trade organic coffee, breakfasty stuff like bagels and oatmeal (but only before 11), nice lunch offerings like the salmon sandwich I’m having now, free wi-fi that works, cool vibe with lots of university students… even restrooms.

If I’m willing to do a 45 minute commute to get here, and 45 back, it’s a great place to work. Just what I was looking for. Keep in mind, that a 45 minute commute here is a VERY different thing from a 45 minute commute in your car. You get on a train and tune out for most of the trip.



I’m sitting at the bar. It’s lunchtime, so I’m assuming I can scout out a table (and an outlet!) later. This place serves beer and wine (after 6pm) so it has a different vibe after dark, I guess. That’s true of all the places I frequented in Austin, though. I just never went to them in the evening.









As usual, all of these photos and videos were taken with my cell phone, so I apologize for the graininess.

No comments: