One of Brie's good friends, Carey, (and now my friend too!) has this "soup night" on Wednesdays at her place in Brooklyn. She makes a big pot of soup and some side dishes and issues a standing invitation to her friends to show up if they can. Well, last night was the last one of these for a while - it's too hot during the summer - and I was there.
Some of the people I had met at a previous Soup and others at the Cuban Dinner party that Brie's roommate, Christine, threw a few months ago. One of the guys, Yemi, had a new camera that he wanted to try out so he had everyone pose for him on the sofa. I was thinking they would just upload some photos to Snapfish or Picasa or something like that, but instead Carey put together this video on YouTube.
It would be more fun for me to explain who these people are and how they know each other. Some of them I know well and others I just met Wednesday night.
Carey is the first person you see once the video starts. Yemi is the third person you see, right before Brie. Acacia (who was our tour guide at the Natural History Museum) is the one right before me. Christine shows up to the left of the hallway at 2:03.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like the picture of you with Brie in the corner.
Soup Night - what a great idea! If we waited for the cold weather to hold Soup Night here in Texas - we'd only be able to have two soup nights a year! :)
Who knew there would be a benefit to living Winnipeg??
Post a Comment