I would be remiss if I didn't add a post admitting that I've been kind of blue this week. I'm much better now, but I think it hit me this last weekend that I have really given up a lot of community to transplant myself here. And even though I haven't been thinking about Austin much, I have to admit that a certain latent homesickness has set in.
I'm definitely feeling better now, and will be in Austin to play with the ASO from the 4th of May to the 18th. It will be great to see everyone again. My schedule is so busy while I'm in town that it's unlikely I'll be able to visit family in San Antonio. I think in future visits (that are one week long instead of two) I'll have to allow an extra day to head to San Antonio.
Natural History Museum
I went with some new friends to the Natural History Museum today. Yeah, you read that right. I'm actually posting about something that happened TODAY.
First off, about these new friends. Carey used to go to Brie's church and I met her when I came up here to visit in November - Sean is a friend visiting her from Michigan. She's the one who was nice enough to give up her ticket to a Sufjan Stevens concert so that I could go with Brie instead and it would be our first date. =) I met Acacia at Brie's place during a Cuban Dinner that her roommate Christine hosted. I saw both Carey and Acacia last night at Carey's place because Carey does this thing on Wednesdays where she makes soup and invites people over. Nice.
Acacia works at the Natural History Museum so she was able to get Carey and Sean and me in for free with visitor's passes. There's a LOT to see in there, so we passed over half of it easily. We didn't even scratch the surface of the floor with the planetarium and the space exhibits, so I'm definitely gonna come back sometime to check that out. There was also an IMAX theater with a presentation on dinosaurs that looked fun.




No comments:
Post a Comment