Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tom's Restaurant + ramblings

It's about time I started updating this blog again! There have been so many interesting and wonderful things that have happened that I've wanted to recount here, but I got bogged down because I felt I had to post pictures and videos and then the whole thing got too unwieldy!

So, I figure the thing to do is to just re-start with what happened this weekend, and recap some current events.

I played South Pacific 4 times this last week, which is nice. It's definitely been a sign of God's kindness and provision for me that I've been inserted into NYC's freelance scene as a horn player.

Brie's engagement ring has been resized now. I think it's a beautiful ring and it's nice to see it fitting properly on her hand. We spent some time in Yardley, PA this weekend with a mutual friend of ours from Austin who was visiting her parents who live there. It was an hour and a half train ride from Penn Station in NYC to Trenton NJ and then Rachel's husband came to pick us up. Some of the NJ Transit lines use these really sweet double-decker trains with this really smooth suspension. I feel like I'm riding in the future when I'm on one of those things!

When we returned to Manhattan today, we attended the Choral Evensong Service of the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine, this huge cathedral in New York's upper west side that had suffered a serious fire back in 2001 and has had construction walls and scaffolding up since then. There was some really lovely choral/organ music, and after we figured we'd grab a bite to eat at some place nearby that would be quick...

Tom's Restaurant

Brie and our friend Carey and I had dinner tonight in Tom's Restaurant, the one that shows up in so many Seinfeld episodes. We had a really wonderful cream of turkey soup with dill in it, and then a turkey platter that was downright boring. Not sure what to make of the place. Kind of fun to see all the signed Seinfeld posters inside!
 

No comments: